Economic Development Committee
The Economic Development Committee consists of seven to nine members who serve a three-year term and the Mayor serves as an ex-officio member.
Primary powers and duties of the Commission include:
- Provide a forum for building local consensus on the economic issues facing the city and the means for addressing them.
- Promote Creve Coeur as a center for business activity in West County.
- Understand the needs and problem areas for employees, public institutions and not-for-profit organizations and development of strategies to address them.
- Develop plans and programs that will identify future business / institutional plans to encourage retention and expansion in the city, including financing opportunities.
- Determine the feasibility of establishing an economic development staff position in city government.
- Work with federal, state, regional and local government organizations that can assist in this total effort.
The Creve Coeur Economic Development Committee sponsors the Creve Coeur Business Awards Program to recognize Creve Coeur businesses and organizations. Award categories include:
Heart of the Community- honors a Creve Coeur business or organization that has demonstrated a commitment to the community by making a positive impact in Creve Coeur or the St. Louis region.
Most Innovative Business- honors a Creve Coeur business or organization that has demonstrated innovation, unique achievements or significant advancements in their field.
Favorite Restaurant- honors a Creve Coeur restaurant nominated by its customers for its outstanding service and food quality.
Nominations are accepted in the early spring.
For more information on the Business Awards Program, contact Bess McCoy, Public Information Officer and Management Analyst at (314) 442-2081.