Horticulture, Ecology & Beautification Committee
Arbor Day Celebration
Each year, the Horticulture, Ecology and Beautification Committee hosts an Arbor Day Celebration to raise awareness of the important role trees play in our environment. Although we could not celebrate together this year, all art contest entries were judged virtually by the Arts Committee.
Congratulations to this year’s Arbor Day Art Contest winners!
The committee consists of 7 to 9 members. Membership applications are kept on file. Apply online today.
The mission of the Horticulture, Ecology and Beautification Committee is to encourage the City and its residents to plant, beautify and maintain all public and private spaces in an environmentally sustainable manner. Primary responsibilities include:
- Advise City Council, Boards, Commissions and staff on issues related to horticulture and beautification such as green space design and plantings in public area
- Monitor and advise the City regarding its compliance with the Tree Preservation Ordinance (Ordinance 1899, November 10, 1997)
- Encourage and support the City’s compliance as a Tree City U.S.A. by serving as the City’s Tree Board
To find out more about the roles and guidelines of appointed and elected City positions, read A Citizens Advisory Guide to Boards, Committees and Commissions.
- Ann Tracy Grass, Committee Member
- Claire Chosid, Vice-Chair
- James Berry, Committee Member
- Rachel Eilbott, Committee Member
- James Graham, Chair
- Nancy Meyer, Committee Member
- Fran Cantor, Committee Member
- Paulette Pierson, Committee Member
- Mara Berry, Committee Member
- Alexis Travers, Council Liaison - Ward 4
- City of Creve Coeur Street Tree Program
- City of Creve Coeur Emerald Ash Borer Information
- Missouri Department of Conservation - Emerald Ash Borer CSI
- University of Missouri Extension - Missouri Emerald Ash Borer Program FAQs
- Recommended Plantings for Creve Coeur Residents
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plant Finder
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Deer-Resistant Plants
- Missouri Prairie Foundation - Native Plant School Program
- St. Louis Audubon Society - Bring Conservation Home Program