The Hackmann Cabin was originally located at 11400 Olde Cabin Road, the current location of the Dielmann Recreation Complex. It was moved to Conway Park in 1996. The cabin was home to the Hackmann Family from 1842 – 1925. Mr. and Mrs. Herman H. Hackmann and their son John Henry arrived in America in 1841 from Germany.
The cabin was built in two phases. The earliest room is restored in the pioneer style. Around 1870, John Henry and his wife, Catherine Buescher, added a kitchen, dining room, porch and covered the building with clapboard. The latter room is restored in the Victorian period. Their son, Herman H. and his wife Louise Richt reared 10 children here.