Attorney Guidelines- Rules of the Court
PLEASE BE ADVISED: The Prosecutor's Office is NOT part of the Municipal Court. You must submit your paperwork to the proper office for processing. All requests for recommendations MUST be submitted to the Office of the Municipal Prosecutor separately from any court documentation. The Court will not forward requests for Recommendation.
Entry of Appearance / Request for Continuance
- Mail your entry of appearance to: City of Creve Coeur Municipal Court, 300 N. New Ballas Rd., Creve Coeur, MO 63141
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for faster return service if you desire a date stamped 'filed' copy be returned to you.
- NOTE: Per Missouri Supreme Court Rule 37.04, requests for recommendations and entry of appearance and filing information meant for the prosecutor which are submitted to the court will not be forwarded by the court to the prosecutor on behalf of the defendant/defense counsel.
- If you are unable to appear on the court date as scheduled or plan on contacting the Office of the Municipal Prosecutor for recommendation consideration OUTSIDE of court proceedings, please file a Motion to Continue to the Court Office PRIOR to the court date. Do not call the court office for a continuance. All requests must be in writing to be presented to the Judge and include a reason for consideration of the request.
- You may follow your case information on www.municourt.net or wait for the mailed/faxed response. If you file a request within 2 days prior to the scheduled court hearing, your request may not be seen by the Judge prior to hearing. Please review www.municourt.net up to 3pm on the court date for immediate continuance notification or appear as scheduled.
- Due to the volume of calls the Municipal Court Office receives on the day of court, if you wish to confirm receipt of your entry, please do not call the Municipal Court Office. Instead, submit a “return receipt” copy of your entry which will be date stamped and returned to you. You may view your entry & continuance information on www.municourt.net.
- The Municipal Prosecutor may not issue you a new court date.
- If you are awaiting a response from the Court or the Office of the Prosecutor and you have not received a response prior to the court date, you may either appear as scheduled or submit a Motion to Continue the case to allow for additional time.
- For additional information, please see the Office of the Municipal Prosecutor section on this website.