Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
- The 2017 Fall Leaf Vacuuming Program begins the week of October 23. The collection schedule is as follows:
Wards 1 & 2 Wards 3 & 4
Week of Monday, October 23 Week of Monday, October 30
Week of Monday, November 6 Week of Monday, November 13
Week of Monday, November 27 Week of Monday, December 4
Week of Monday, December 11 Week of Monday, December 18
**Please be sure to have your leaves raked to the curb (not in the street or on common ground) no later than 7 a.m. on the Monday start date to insure collection. Thank you.
For any remaining leaves
Preparing your leaves for pick up:Loose leaves are vacuumed by the Public Works Department in fall and spring for single-family residences.
- Place leaves along the front lawn edge of your property adjacent to the curb.
- Keep leaves away from mailboxes and landscaped areas.
- Do not place leaves in the street or on common ground or cover the sidewalk.
- Loose leaves should be placed at the curb before 7:00 a.m. the Monday of pick-up week for your area.
- Leaves will be picked up any day during the week, weather permitting.
Limb ChippingLimb Information as of Friday, September 22 -
Please note that limb chipping will end for the season in Wards 1 & 2 the week of October 9 and the last week for Wards 3 & 4 will be the week of October 16. Thank you.
City crews have completed limb removal in Wards 3 & 4 for the week. They will begin another cycle in Wards 1 & 2 on Monday, September 25. Please have your limbs out at the curb (not in the street or on common ground) by 7 a.m. on the Monday date to insure removal for the week. Thank you.
Limbs between 0.5 inches up to 3 inches in diameter and more than 3 feet in length will be chipped. Limbs less than 3 feet will not be collected. Chipping crews are limited to 15 minutes per household in order to service all residents in a timely manner. Thank you.
Our goal is to service the entire city every two weeks, however this schedule can be delayed due to weather and the volume of brush residents have placed at the curb. Preparing your limbs for chipping: Limb chipping service is provided by the Public Works Department in spring, summer and fall for single-family residences. Below are some program guidelines:
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping and not in the street.
- Limbs less than 3' long, less than 0.5" in diameter, or larger than 3" diameter cannot be chipped, but may be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your trash day.
- The city does not pick up limbs from vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns will not be picked up.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing are not eligible for the program.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence. This is required in order to provide service to all residences in a timely manner.