Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
- The 2017 Fall Leaf Vacuuming Program will be ending in December. Please make a note: the FINAL week for Wards 1 & 2 will be the week of Monday, December 11. The FINAL week for Wards 3 & 4 will be the week of Monday, December 18. To insure removal, please be sure to place your leaves at the curb (not in the street or on common ground) before 7 a.m. on the Monday dates. Thank you.
- The collection schedule is as follows:
Wards 1 & 2 Wards 3 & 4
**Please be sure to have your leaves raked to the curb (not in the street or on common ground) no later than 7 a.m. on the Monday start date to insure collection. Thank you.
UPDATE as of Friday, 12/15/17:
City crews will be completing the FINAL collection in Wards 1 & 2 today. They will begin their FINAL removal for the season in Wards 3 & 4 at 7 a.m. Monday, December 18.
For any remaining leaves
Preparing your leaves for pick up:Loose leaves are vacuumed by the Public Works Department in fall and spring for single-family residences.
- Place leaves along the front lawn edge of your property adjacent to the curb.
- Keep leaves away from mailboxes and landscaped areas.
- Do not place leaves in the street or on common ground or cover the sidewalk.
- Loose leaves should be placed at the curb before 7:00 a.m. the Monday of pick-up week for your area.
- Leaves will be picked up any day during the week, weather permitting.
Limb ChippingLimb Information as of Friday, October 20 -
CITY CREWS HAVE COMPLETED LIMB CHIPPING FOR THE SEASON IN ALL WARDS.
Any future collection will be noted in the Newsletter and on the website closer to the Spring season. Thank you.
Our goal is to service the entire city every two weeks, however this schedule can be delayed due to weather and the volume of brush residents have placed at the curb. Preparing your limbs for chipping: Limb chipping service is provided by the Public Works Department in spring, summer and fall for single-family residences. Below are some program guidelines:
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping and not in the street.
- Limbs less than 3' long, less than 0.5" in diameter, or larger than 3" diameter cannot be chipped, but may be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your trash day.
- The city does not pick up limbs from vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns will not be picked up.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing are not eligible for the program.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence. This is required in order to provide service to all residences in a timely manner.