Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
The 2017 Spring Leaf Collection has been completed in all wards.
The Fall Program will be advertised in the Newsletter and on this website closer to that time frame. Thank you.
For any remaining leaves
Preparing your leaves for pick up:Loose leaves are vacuumed by the Public Works Department in fall and spring for single-family residences.
- Place leaves along the front lawn edge of your property adjacent to the curb.
- Keep leaves away from mailboxes and landscaped areas.
- Do not place leaves in the street or on common ground or cover the sidewalk.
- Loose leaves should be placed at the curb before 7:00 a.m. the Monday of pick-up week for your area.
- Leaves will be picked up any day during the week, weather permitting.
Limb collection in Wards 1 & 2 will be completed tomorrow, May 12 on schedule. Crews will begin another cycle in Wards 3 & 4 on Monday, May 15 at 7 a.m.
They will continuously cycle the city collecting limbs between 0.5 inches up to 3 inches in diameter and more than 3 feet in length. Limbs less than 3 feet will not be collected. Chipping crews are limited to 15 minutes per household in order to service all residents in a timely manner. Be sure have your limbs at the curb (not in the street or on common ground) on the Monday date by 7 a.m. Limb collection will continue through the week of October 9. Thank you.
Our goal is to service the entire city every two weeks, however this schedule can be delayed due to weather and the volume of brush residents have placed at the curb. Preparing your limbs for chipping: Limb chipping service is provided by the Public Works Department in spring, summer and fall for single-family residences. Below are some program guidelines:
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping and not in the street.
- Limbs less than 3' long, less than 0.5" in diameter, or larger than 3" diameter cannot be chipped, but may be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your trash day.
- The city does not pick up limbs from vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns will not be picked up.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing are not eligible for the program.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence. This is required in order to provide service to all residences in a timely manner.