Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
- The 2017 Leaf Vacuuming Program has ended for the season. It will start up again in the spring and the schedule will be posted on the website and in the Newsletter closer to that time frame. Thank you.
Preparing your leaves for pick up:Loose leaves are vacuumed by the Public Works Department in fall and spring for single-family residences.
- Place leaves along the front lawn edge of your property adjacent to the curb.
- Keep leaves away from mailboxes and landscaped areas.
- Do not place leaves in the street or on common ground or cover the sidewalk.
- Loose leaves should be placed at the curb before 7:00 a.m. the Monday of pick-up week for your area.
- Leaves will be picked up any day during the week, weather permitting.
Limb ChippingThe City will perform a one-time, mid-winter limb collection the week of January 22, 2018. Be sure to have limbs at the curb before 7 a.m. on Monday, January 22 to guarantee removal. Please be advised that this schedule could be delayed at anytime due to inclement weather. Thank you.
Preparing your limbs for chipping: Limb chipping service is provided by the Public Works Department in spring, summer and fall for single-family residences. Below are some program guidelines:
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping and not in the street.
- Limbs less than 3' long, less than 0.5" in diameter, or larger than 3" diameter cannot be chipped, but may be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your trash day.
- The city does not pick up limbs from vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns will not be picked up.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing are not eligible for the program.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence. This is required in order to provide service to all residences in a timely manner.