Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
2019 Fall Leaf Collection will be as follows:
|November 4||1 & 2|
|November 11||3 & 4|
|November 18||1 & 2|
|November 25||Catch Up Week (Thanksgiving)|
|December 2||3 & 4|
|December 9||1 & 2|
|December 16||3 & 4|
To ensure removal:
- Have your leaves at the curb by 7:00 a.m. Monday on the date listed.
- Keep piles of limbs and leaves separate. Mixed piles will not be collected.
10/11/2019 Update: The final pickup for Limb Chipping for Ward 1 & 2 begins Monday, October 14th.
The 2019 Limb Chipping Program will continue until mid-October. The final pickups for 2019 Limb Chipping Program are as follows:
Limb chipping service is provided in spring, summer and fall for Single-Family Residences.
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping—not in the street.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence.
- Limbs must be more than 3’ long, more than .5” in diameter ~but less than 3” to qualify.
The City is unable to pick up:
- Limbs on vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing.
Limbs that do not quality for chipping must be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your regular trash day. Bags can be purchased at the Government Center or at retail stores like Dierbergs or Menards.