Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
***Public Works is experiencing delays in the leaf collection program due to COVID-related precautionary measures. A reduced number of crews will continue to collect leaves in Wards 3&4 before moving into Wards 1&2 which is anticipated to begin Monday, December 7.***
Fall Leaf Collection Schedule:
Leaves should be placed by the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Monday of the scheduled pickup week to guarantee collection. Please keep leaves out of the street, and leaves will not be collected from vacant lots or subdivision common ground.
Leaf vacuums are unable to pick up any of the items listed below mixed into leaf piles:
- brush/limbs/root balls mixed into leaves
- grass clippings
- trash/animal waste
Limb Chipping is now complete for 2020 and will resume again in 2021.
Please have your limbs at the curb at 7:00 a.m to ensure pickup. Limb collection will continue through mid-October.
The schedule for pickup is weather dependent and may be suspended at any time due to inclement weather.
Limb chipping service is provided in spring, summer and fall for Single-Family Residences.
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping—not in the street.
- Limbs must be more than 3’ long, more than .5” in diameter ~but less than 3” to qualify.
- Piles are limited to 300 cubic feet per pickup (I.e. 10' wide x 5' tall x 6' deep).
The City is unable to pick up:
- Limbs on vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing.
Limbs that do not qualify for chipping must be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your regular trash day. Bags can be purchased at the Government Center or at retail stores like Dierbergs or Menards.
SIGN UP FOR WEEKLY UPDATES
The Public Works Departments sends out weekly updates on the status of leaf and limb collection. Sign up to have updates sent directly to your inbox at www.crevecoeurmo.gov/SignUp.