Government Center History

The Government Center building was originally constructed as Weber Elementary School in 1951, the building has received a total of eight additions since it was originally constructed. The classroom wings have been adapted to accommodate departmental functions spread out over two floors. A sally port and firing range were added to the rear of the facility. The gym, multi-purpose room and two meeting rooms on the lower level function as the Community Center. A portion of the upper level was modified to serve as the council chambers and courtroom. The building has been modified several times over the years on a small scale approach and continues to function as the Government Center today.