The Tappmeyer House was moved from Olive Boulevard to Millennium Park in 2003. The city and the Tappmeyer Foundation intend to renovate the house. It was built by Frederick Wilheim and Adelia Tappmeyer from 1880–1884.
Four generations of Tappmeyers lived in the house and farmed the 33 acres on which it was located. The farm contained 15 out-buildings and produced wheat, corn, alfalfa and clover hay. An apple orchard and a large vegetable garden were also harvested each year. The Tappmeyer Foundation is currently working to raise the necessary funds to preserve, restore and furnish the Tappmeyer House.
The Tappmeyer House in Millennium Park is located at 2 Barnes West Drive (first street east of Mason Road). From Olive Boulevard, take Barnes West Drive south to the park entrance.