Limb collection in Wards 3 & 4 has been completed. Crews will begin another cycle in Wards 1 & 2 on Monday, April 24. Please place your limbs at the curb (not in the street or on common ground) no later than 7 a.m. on the Monday date to insure removal. Thank you.
They will continuously cycle the city collecting limbs between 0.5 inches up to 3 inches in diameter and more than 3 feet in length. Limbs less than 3 feet will not be collected. Chipping crews are limited to 15 minutes per household in order to service all residents in a timely manner. Be sure have your limbs at the curb (not in the street or on common ground) on the Monday date by 7 a.m. Limb collection will continue through the week of October 9. Thank you.
Our goal is to service the entire city every two weeks, however this schedule can be delayed due to weather and the volume of brush residents have placed at the curb. Preparing your limbs for chipping: Limb chipping service is provided by the Public Works Department in spring, summer and fall for single-family residences. Below are some program guidelines:
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping and not in the street.
- Limbs less than 3' long, less than 0.5" in diameter, or larger than 3" diameter cannot be chipped, but may be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your trash day.
- The city does not pick up limbs from vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, grasses, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns will not be picked up.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing are not eligible for the program.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence. This is required in order to provide service to all residences in a timely manner.
For more information, please contact the Public Works Department at (314) 872-2533.