The 2016 Limb Chipping Program will end the week of October 10.
Limb Update as of Friday, September 23, 2016:
City crews completed limb collection in Wards 3 & 4. They will begin another cycle in Wards 1 & 2 at 7 a.m. on Monday, September 26. Limbs will be collected at the curb (not in the street or on common ground). There is a 15 minute limit in front of each household to allow service to all residents. Thank you.
Our goal is to service the entire city every two weeks, however this schedule can be delayed due to weather and the volume of brush residents have placed at the curb. Preparing your limbs for chipping: Limb chipping service is provided by the Public Works Department in spring, summer and fall for single-family residences. Below are some program guidelines:
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping and not in the street.
- Limbs less than 3' long, less than 0.5" in diameter, or larger than 3" diameter cannot be chipped, but may be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your trash day.
- The city does not pick up limbs from vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns will not be picked up.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing are not eligible for the program.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence. This is required in order to provide service to all residences in a timely manner.
For more information, please contact the Public Works Department at (314) 872-2533.