Footing and Pier Inspections
Why Inspection Fails
- There is mud and/or water in the footing or pier excavation.
- The steel reinforcement is not the grade, type or size specified in the approved plans.
- The steel reinforcement is not properly placed, tied or supported per the approved plans.
- Unsuitable soil conditions are observed and a soil engineer has not been involved to document any deficiencies and make written recommendations.
- Fill has been placed or compacted in the excavation without the supervision of a soil engineer.
- Cold weather concreting protective measures have not been taken.