City staff has partnered with a group of volunteers to make improvements to Malcolm Terrace Park. The city is planning to apply for a Community Stewardship Grant from the Missouri Department of Conservation to help fund this project. In order to be competitive for this grant, the city must show active volunteer participation in the project.
The project consists of the following improvements:
- Clearing of trails through the woods at Malcolm Terrace Park.
- Removal of honeysuckle which is invading the park.
- Placing wood chips on the trails.
- Installing signs at the trail access points showing a map of the trail system.
- Placing directional signs along the trail.
- Planting meadows with wildflowers and native grasses.
- Erecting educational signs at items of interest throughout the trail system.