Places of Worship
Places of worship use a lot of energy simply because the buildings are mostly built for the worship space without high regards for energy efficiency.
Buildings in general use more than 60% of the electricity in the U.S. If all of the over 300,000 churches, temples and other faith based institutions cut their energy use by just 10 % they could save almost $200 million dollars each year. And don’t forget the greenhouse gas emissions we can reduce by making our worship space greener and healthier. A 10% reduction would prevent two million tons of pollutants from being released - the same as taking 400,000 cars off our streets.
To know how your faith place can get monthly savings through energy efficiency, OneDay at Creve Coeur has prepared an outline for you and your congregants.
You’ve heard it before: you can’t manage what you don’t measure. That’s why EPA created ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, an online tool you can use to measure and track energy and water consumption, as well as greenhouse gas emissions. Use it to benchmark the performance of one building or a whole portfolio of buildings, all in a secure online environment.
ENERGY STAR™ for Congregations will help your place of worship with the latest resources to reduce your energy waste and to prepare an energy strategy for the future.
- Download free, accurate and unbiased information through the “How-to” guide.
- Receive Technical support
- Get information on upgrading, expanding or remodeling advise from Professional Engineers or Service & Product Providers as well as Architects.
- See a list of ENERGY STAR™ products
- Materials for your members on how to cut home energy costs