Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
2019 Fall Leaf Collection will be as follows:
To ensure removal:
Have your leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. Monday on the date listed.
Keep piles of limbs and leaves separate-mixed piles will not be collected.
Friday, 9/20/19 update: Wards 1 & 2 have been completed for the week. We will begin Wards 3 & 4 on Monday, 9/23/19.
The 2019 Limb Chipping Program will continue until mid-October.
Limb chipping service is provided in spring, summer and fall for Single-Family Residences.
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping ~ not in the street.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence.
- Limbs must be more than 3’ long, more than .5” in diameter ~but less than 3” to qualify.
The City is unable to pick up:
- Limbs on vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing.
Limbs that do not quality for chipping must be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your regular trash day. Bags can be purchased at the Government Center or at retail stores like Dierbergs or Menards.